1. I collect bottles. But typically only the ones with product still in them. Unless they are really old. Or really cool looking. Or really small. Or glass (no plastic). Or... mmm... I collect bottles.
That's just a few - very few - of them! That printer's tray alone contains 33 tiny bottles. None of them are worth much money, but they are just so darn cute!
2. I am not a picky eater – unless you try to feed me liver. Or English peas. Or raw onions. Or raw meat (bring on the shoe leather, baby!). Or squid. Or figs – I hate figs! Or … mmm… I’m a picky eater.
3. I’ve been spotlighted on three different television shows. Twice on local news broadcasts – once when I was 8 and once when we were adopting Daughter. And in October of 2006 I was on the Montel Williams Show talking to Sylvia Brown. First and only time in my life I ever got stage fright! It was worse than dealing with the ghost I went on to talk about! LOL!! It is a cool story, but I’m copycatting Motherwise and making you ask if you want to hear it!
4. I had a dog once that got eaten by an alligator.
5. I played the clarinet in high school until the summer before my senior year when I took money for teaching twirling lessons. That put me in the “professional” category, so I couldn’t play with the band for UIL competitions and thus became the band secretary. I was bossy and mean. So mean, in fact, that on my off period which was right before band, when I’d go to the band hall to hang out, the other students would flip on Elton John’s “The Bitch Is Back” when I walked in!
6. I was head twirler in high school for both my junior and senior years. It was the first time in the school history that a junior had been named head twirler. It was the first time is the school history that anyone was named head twirler two years in a row. I was good. I knew it. I had a big head. People didn’t like me much. Refer back to #5 for the rest of this story.
7. I’m no longer mean and nasty and (as) bossy… unless I have to be. But I don’t enjoy it like I did in my teen years. Well, not most of the time. Heh heh heh. (See Customer Service Rant for examples – that’s pretty much as mean and nasty as I get these days.)
OK – that’s my 7. And I’m absolutely STUMPED on who to tag. The Meme 8 took me nearly 2 days to put together because I know so few people here. So I’m going to ask those of you who read this, and email me behind the scenes instead of posting comments to EMAIL ME WITH 7 (or 1 or 2 or...) THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF that are fun, interesting, and/or just plain weird. I’ll post them here. No - I won't use your name. But I do get to make up a funny nickname for you if you don't just post it in the comments under a name of your choice. Talk about making my blogging life easy! LOL!!
And if you need a feel-good for the day, go check out Motherwise . She’s warm, creative, and very funny.
Peace, Blessings, and a prayer for lots of 7s up soon!