If you can't make it better you can laugh at it. ~Erma Bombeck

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Lucille TAGGED ME!!

mmm... Thanks??? LOL!!

Please go check her out at http://whosgoingtotellyou.blogspot.com/. She's great and her Walgreens saga is what legends are made of! LOL!! As a matter of fact, I think she's so cool that I copied her instructions on how to do this...

Here is how it works. I have to write 8 random things about me and then pass it on to 8 people. (Think chain letter.) There are a few rules one must follow to play the game. When tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list eight random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to eight other people. Here are 8 random things about me:

1. This is not my first blog. I had one elsewhere... it was boring... I abandoned it and pray that some day it will just vanish into the cyper-ether.

2. I use to be a model.

3. I relinquished a beauty pageant crown and the scholarship money that went with it to get married the first time.

4. I currently have two children in jail. No, they weren't raised that way... And I don't feel shame or guilt because I'm not responsible for the stupid decisions they made that put them there. Long story - watch the blog for coming details.

5. My favorite nontraditional comfort foods are: Banana & Mayo sandwiches and Pork 'n beans & Corn soup. Another long story - watch the blog for an explanation.

6. My first car, purchased in 1976 after I was out of high school and earning my own money, was a 1969 or 1970 pastel yellow Ford LTD with forest green landau roof and interior. It looked just like the one in the link. It could comfortably haul 9 drunk college girls safely home after a night of disco dancing. And the green carpet hid barf stains quite nicely. No - I did NOT pick it out! My father did. A friend of my boss offered to sell me a 1969 Corvette... let me say that again... 1.9.6.9 CORVETTE! (It looked like the link only with white accents on the sides.) But my dad refused to co-sign for it because he said I'd end up killing myself. He was right. I still hated him for it, though, until I had teens of my own. They also wanted fast cars that I wouldn't buy. AAAAAHHH the circle of life! And, Yes - I loved disco. (Truth be told, I still do! I hope they bring it back by the time I'm ready to move into a retirement home.. I'll show 'em a move or 3!! I will now pause a moment to allow you to regain control and stop laughing uncontrollably!)
.....
.....
..... Better? OK.. continuing on...

7. I am ALWAYS the designated driver because I don't drink. Not that I don't like drinking - I LOVE a good margarita! - I just don't like who I am when I get drunk. Yes - that's another good story I'll be blogging about soon!

8. I think a boyfriend secretly videotaped our.... mmm... encounter one time. He was weird enough that it's probably now on the internet somewhere. At least I HOPE it is! If someone finds it would you PLEASE tell me so I can link to it to prove that at one time I was actually fine enough to have qualified for numbers 2 & 3 above??!!??!!

OK – I am so new here on Blogger that I don’t yet have a big circle of blogging friends… so what I was going to do was keep hitting the next button on some random blog and choose some that look interesting and sound like they were written by nice people that I’d like to get to know better. HOWEVER.. HAVE YOU EVER JUST KEPT HITTING THE NEXT BUTTON??? O-M-G!!!! The blogs that are out there AACK!! So, I opted, instead to follow comment links from blog to blog and read a little about each one. Here are some really cool looking blogs that make me want to know more about the writer.

If you are offended, I’ll apologize now. If not, I’d love to know when you complete your 8 things list! Email me at damama002@yahoo.com, please, so I can read all about you, too!
http://followingmycatracho.blogspot.com/
http://amandacreates.blogspot.com/
http://swampsuburbia.blogspot.com/
http://nsdesperatehousewife.blogspot.com/
http://ablogonastick.blogspot.com/
http://motherwise.us/cracks/
AND YOU.. if you are reading this and would like to participate, please let me know so I can learn about you, too.
I know, I know. The game isn’t called Tag 6 people. But I was up until 1:30 a.m. reading the six blogs I picked and here I am again this morning trying to find more… I GIVE UP! There a just too many great ones out there! I can’t spend all day reading them and then still have to figure out which two are most interesting!

LOL… so call me DaWimpyMama for today.
As always, Peace, Blessings and much, much, much more time to read all the wonderful stuff you folks write!

5 comments:

  1. Hey there, Mary at Motherwise Cracks tagged me from you, so I thought I'd come on over and have a read! Pretty funny stuff.

    If you're interested in seeing what your meme has spawned, have a look at my blog at www.angelawd.wordpress.com.

    Glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wow! Cool! Heading that way now! Can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. YOU had a crown? I was only IN a pagent - I didn't win! :)

    Thanks for sharing - you had some good stuff on there!

    http://whosgoingtotellyou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that you tagged me way back when. I was doing a search on google reader with my blog and found that way that you tagged me. I am so sorry, otherwise I would have answered it. That being said, I answered the same tag by someone else though the same week. Sooo... here is the link to my 8 random things... http://followingmycatracho.blogspot.com/2007/11/tagged-and-levis-birth-announcement.html

    I am glad that I found your blog though (and if I have left a comment awhile ago, and I have forgotten, I am sorry - blame it on pregnancy/new baby brain) I have added your blog to my google reader.
    ~Jennifer
    http://followingmycatracho.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jennifer! Not to worry. I've been lurking around your world for a while now. I even recommended you to a new Freecycle friend who got my boxes to pack up and move overseas to be with her hubby. Hopefully she's had time to check in on you, too!

    I did notice that you'd put up your 8 and that's cool! It doesn't matter who tagged you! It's just fun playing! LOL!!

    Hang in there, kiddo. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

WELL HOWDY!! Thanks so much for popping in to leave a note. PLEASE be sure to check the box by "E-mail follow-up comments to..." so that you'll get my response to your comment. I almost always respond personally And sorry for making you do the Word jumble mambo. I wish there weren't A***ole spammers running rampant in the blogverse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails