If you can't make it better you can laugh at it. ~Erma Bombeck

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Customer Service Rant Update

Home Depot actually responded to my email! This is too funny! Out of all the times I’ve complained, this is the first ever response! I guess invoking the name of their biggest competitor got their attention?? Here's an excerpt from the email I got and my thoughts as I was reading:

Home Depot is committed to continual process improvements based on the input of our customers. … especially our persistent ones. And please note, we said PROCESS improvement – not customer service improvement. There is a subtle difference there that we certainly hope you don’t catch.

Please know that the feedback you have provided is taken seriously and will be used in the overall evaluation of the services we provide to our customers. ...what a poopish copout buzz phrase!

We would like to offer you a $20 Home Depot gift card in the hope that your next shopping experience will be a more pleasurable one. … NEXT shopping experience?? What didn’t they understand about “AND I’M NOT COMING BACK!" Well – maybe just once more – to spend exactly $20.00 and not a penny more! I’m stubborn, but I’m not stupid!


In addition, it's a way for us to say thanks for taking the time to provide us with this feedback.
… If you were really grateful for the feedback, YOU WOULD HAVE RESPONDED TO THE 3 or4 PRIOR COMPLAINTS!


They wanted me to confirm my address, which I did. Then I got a second email saying that the $20 is on the way. This is what it said:

We value your inputs and comments as we rely on our customers? feedback to help us to improve in all areas of the store and we hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you better. ...Notice that ? after the word “customers”…Freudian slip, much?? LOL! And I've already given you "another" opportunity -- and another, and another, and...

We look forward to your continued patronage and assisting you with all of your home improvement needs. ...not a snowball's chance in hell!


OK- Bug, if you are reading this, you may now stop shaking your head and saying, “Let it go, Mom.” I’m done.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like their response was taken directly from the BS Customer Service manual. We've had problems with Home Depot also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Heather! LOL!! That is it in a nutshell! Thanks for stopping by! I love your blog, too. Reminds me of my life with in a house full of men BD (before daughter). ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love it when they try to fix everything with money/coupons/giftcards and avoid the real problem--customer service reps? I always shop at Lowes over Home Depot. Like their commercial says and my husband loves to quote on a regular basis, "LOWES KNOWS!"
    Sandra in ABQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. YIPEE! Another Lowe's fan. I was in there yesterday. They were rearranging the store. When I asked what they were up to now, the manager said it was so they could fit my bed on aisle 35. LOL!!

    And yes, I HATE it when stores just try to buy their way out of problems... unless it really benefits me AND I don't plan on going back there anyway ;) heh heh heh

    ReplyDelete

WELL HOWDY!! Thanks so much for popping in to leave a note. PLEASE be sure to check the box by "E-mail follow-up comments to..." so that you'll get my response to your comment. I almost always respond personally And sorry for making you do the Word jumble mambo. I wish there weren't A***ole spammers running rampant in the blogverse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails