If you can't make it better you can laugh at it. ~Erma Bombeck

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, January 18, 2010

National Guard Youth Challenge - Round 2



Sorry I haven't been around as much as I'd planned when this year started. I've spent the last couple of weeks scrambling to get MG ready to go back into the NGYC Program. We took her to West Texas on Saturday.




Strange how I was so anxious for her to be gone and now that she's not here I spent a good deal of my day thinking about her and wondering if she's OK.




That's what we moms do, isn't it. This moving them toward the edge of the nest is challenging.




Right now I'm tired physically, mentally, and emotionally. But at the same time I'm amazing exhilarated with the thought of the steps I can take to improve myself while she is off improving herself. The next 6 months should be interesting. I'm glad I have y'all along for the ride.




Hugs and TTFN for now.

5 comments:

  1. I do hope this works out for all of you. Yes, it is challenging. I'm dealing with some things myself. Someone told me the other day that with my oldest son, I was enabling him to be the way he is. So, I've put the brakes on the financial help and I'll see if he sinks or swims.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, emptying out the nest. It does spur us on to change and that's all good, albeit challenging.
    XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, now is the time to do something for yourself. Those six months will speed by - and you don't want to miss a single one of those minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandmamargie - I know how hard it is to stand firm with these kids. Twig comes home in June and I'm going to be facing a lot of the same issues you're dealing with now. Hugs, honey, and hang in there. And you have my email if you need me...and that can get you a phone number in case of extreme need. ;o) xoxoxo
    ================
    Purplume - I've got 6 months of relative peace and quiet. Here's hoping I actually DO put it to good use! LOL!
    ================
    NuvoFelt - So true, so true! Thanks for stopping by, newcomer. I'll have to get over to your corner of the blogverse soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a hard thing to do. Stephen's moving out soon (and maybe then I'll believe it's happening!) He's only going down the road, to sheltered accommodation, so I know he'll be safe; and he'll eat here most days for a bit, but I never thought to see the day arrive.
    Keep your fingers crossed for us all on Monday, as I'm crossing mine for you.

    ReplyDelete

WELL HOWDY!! Thanks so much for popping in to leave a note. PLEASE be sure to check the box by "E-mail follow-up comments to..." so that you'll get my response to your comment. I almost always respond personally And sorry for making you do the Word jumble mambo. I wish there weren't A***ole spammers running rampant in the blogverse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails