If you can't make it better you can laugh at it. ~Erma Bombeck

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, November 28, 2009

A meaty question

Can anybody tell me how this happens? I bought some hamburger meat and didn't open it until a couple of days later. It smelled OK, but when I started breaking it apart this is what I found:




While the outside was all red and pretty, the inside was brown and slimy!! YUUUUUCK!  The only way I can think this might happen is if they wrapped new meat around older meat to get it sold. G.R.O.S.S.!!!

Unfortunately I'd thrown the receipt away already so had no proof of when I purchased it and the manager at the store told me that there was nothing she could do about it. Needless to say I'll not be shopping at that store anymore.

3 comments:

  1. That is so gross, it actually made me sick. That manager is full of crap, and if it was was packaged with their logo, I would have raised a big time fuss. Ask to speak to the regional manager or say your calling the health department. They should not get away with that, you could of gotten so sick, if you didn't catch it.
    It almost looks like part of it was cooked, but it is probably just brown because it is old. I wouldn't drop it.

    On another note, I hope that you had a very good Thanksgiving@
    XXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, don't drop it. (I'd drop it because I'm a chicken.) He will loose waaay more business by being a stinker than by refunding your money. I'd write a nice letter to the higher ups and include your blog post. With the pictures. That's what I'd do, if I weren't a chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl & Lynne - Isn't that gross! If this hadn't happend back in September when I was so sick that I really didn't feel like fighting they'd have been in HUGE trouble. I've actually been buying meet there since then HOPING to find more. Haven't yet. Maybe they got the message...

    ReplyDelete

WELL HOWDY!! Thanks so much for popping in to leave a note. PLEASE be sure to check the box by "E-mail follow-up comments to..." so that you'll get my response to your comment. I almost always respond personally And sorry for making you do the Word jumble mambo. I wish there weren't A***ole spammers running rampant in the blogverse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails