If you can't make it better you can laugh at it. ~Erma Bombeck

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, October 27, 2007

That causes cancer... DUH!

We are having our kitchen remodeled so every morning to get my coffee fix I head down to the local Texaco station. Yes, I know, gas station coffee is notoriously horrible, but this stuff is so surprisingly good that I may just keep popping in for my morning jolt even after the kitchen is done! Anyway -- Yesterday I was finishing up my extenisve ritual of culinary exactness... add some creamer (read add a bunch: I like a little coffee with my creamer!), add a little sweetner, taste... add more of what's missing and taste... add.. oh, you get the idea... as the guy next to me was fixing his coffee. While eyeing my actions knowingly, he said (after my third try at getting enough sweetner out of the pink package to make a difference), "You do know that stuff causes cancer?"

"Yes, but at this time of morning I'm more of a threat to my well being than this stuff is," I laughed as I headed off to the checkout counter.

Shaking his head, he finished filling his cup and trailed behind me. A few minutes more and I'd checked out and was heading out the door when I heard Mr. Health Hazard Announcer ordering cigarettes!

Be proud of me, loves. I resisted the urge to go back in and nail him on the ludicrousness of it all!

Peace, blessings and much love

No comments:

Post a Comment

WELL HOWDY!! Thanks so much for popping in to leave a note. PLEASE be sure to check the box by "E-mail follow-up comments to..." so that you'll get my response to your comment. I almost always respond personally And sorry for making you do the Word jumble mambo. I wish there weren't A***ole spammers running rampant in the blogverse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails